It’s super important to keep your makeup brushes clean, as they can be a haven for dirt, debris, bacteria and dead skin cells (ew). If you’re not on a brush cleansing routine, it’s time to start. Once a week is ideal for the daily makeup buffs.
How to clean your makeup brushes
What you need:
- A small dish or shallow bowl (or the palm of your hand)
- Baby shampoo
- A towel or cloth
- A sink
What to do:
- Run your brushes under warm water removing as much makeup as you can. Be gentle with your bristles.
- Fill your bowl with warm water and a bit of the baby shampoo.
- Gently swirl the brush in the water and build up a lather.
- Rinse under running water.
- Repeat several times until water is clear.
- You will also need to rinse your bowl repeatedly to remove makeup residue.
- Wipe your brushes but make sure you’re keeping the shape.
- Place them flat on you the towel or cloth to dry.
Your brushes are all clean!